New hammer

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal? Got the hammer yesterday after it taking 2 days to ship because of fedex delays. The water was cold when I received it. Floated the bag on arrival to warm it up.

(No the tank is not brand new, just added more new rock)

0C572252-F9BE-4CAD-987F-D777B86D1D81.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is this normal? Got the hammer yesterday after it taking 2 days to ship because of fedex delays. The water was cold when I received it. Floated the bag on arrival to warm it up.

(No the tank is not brand new, just added more new rock)

0C572252-F9BE-4CAD-987F-D777B86D1D81.jpeg
No - This is tissue recession. It is often due to stress cause by poor acclimation but mainly too much water flow and /or light. key to avoid extreme water flow and light. They should wave in the current but not vigorously or bent over skeleton and too much light and they shrivel up. In addition, assure calcium is not below 380 and phosphate levels not elevated.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be normal considering the “cold” water, depends on what the “cold” actually was in terms of temp. Cold can kill.

No question, very retracted, super stressed out.

Not much you can do but keep everything the same and see where she goes over the next few days.
I see polyps and green. I also think I see the skin well down the skeleton and that’s positive if true. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
C

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - This is tissue recession. It is often due to stress cause by poor acclimation but mainly too much water flow and /or light. key to avoid extreme water flow and light. They should wave in the current but not vigorously or bent over skeleton and too much light and they shrivel up. In addition, assure calcium is not below 380 and phosphate levels not elevated.
Calcium is at 430
Phosphate is at .4

It is in light flow and lower in my tank, so less light.

Chances of it bouncing back?

OP
OP
C

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be normal considering the “cold” water, depends on what the “cold” actually was in terms of temp. Cold can kill.

No question, very retracted, super stressed out.

Not much you can do but keep everything the same and see where she goes over the next few days.
I see polyps and green. I also think I see the skin well down the skeleton and that’s positive if true. Fingers crossed!
It got stuck in Indianapolis for a night which was about 27 degrees. Then to Wisconsin. Fingers crossed it pulls out. Always wanted a hologram hammer

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Calcium is at 430
Phosphate is at .4

It is in light flow and lower in my tank, so less light.

Chances of it bouncing back?
Phos at .4 or .04 ???
If .4- this will be your problem

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is what it looked like upon arrival.
May be due to temperature. This coral has potential to bounce back…… place in lower flow area

OP
OP
C

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you contact the seller? Two days in the bag .
I didn’t since they say “they don’t cover shipping delays” but they will work with you. Came from Top Shelf Aquatics. I will try to reach out to them and see what they say. Nothing they did wrong.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t since they say “they don’t cover shipping delays” but they will work with you. Came from Top Shelf Aquatics. I will try to reach out to them and see what they say. Nothing they did wrong.
But if this one goes south maybe they will give you a discount on another one. They want you to be a continuing customer.

salt creap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed- i had a delivery with tsa scheduled for the 3rd and they contacted me because of forecasted delays and is arriving today instead, they might just have u pay shipping -fingers crossed

Back