New Hanna HI97115UC Multi Tester

taylored_projects

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the new Hanna Marine Master Waterproof Wireless Multiparameter Photometer (HI97115UC)
It looks fantastic, and compact! I see there is an old version that was discontinued and didn’t have great reviews.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak for the newer version since I own the older discontinued one but it's a lot easier to fill vials and use than the little eggs and the data logging feature is nice for reference or if you don't remember to check after the times up.

Literally the only down sides are that you can only do 1 test vs multiple with separate checkers

OP
OP
taylored_projects

taylored_projects

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak for the newer version since I own the older discontinued one but it's a lot easier to fill vials and use than the little eggs and the data logging feature is nice for reference or if you don't remember to check after the times up.

Literally the only down sides are that you can only do 1 test vs multiple with separate checkers
So it doesn’t do all the tests at once? They still have to be done individually?

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it doesn’t do all the tests at once? They still have to be done individually?
Yes, think of it as 9 of the eggs in one unit, but with only one tube slot/sensor. I'd originally thought it would run all the parameters on one sample until I realized that each test requires different reagents.

OP
OP
taylored_projects

taylored_projects

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, think of it as 9 of the eggs in one unit, but with only one tube slot/sensor. I'd originally thought it would run all the parameters on one sample until I realized that each test requires different reagents.
That makes sense, I personally would probably only run one test at a time anyways. Plus the compact size all in one seems nice. Rather than trying to store all the eggs individually in their hard case. Might still be worth it

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, I personally would probably only run one test at a time anyways. Plus the compact size all in one seems nice. Rather than trying to store all the eggs individually in their hard case. Might still be worth it
Wife and I decided that we're going to bite the bullet and get the multi tester. Between having everything all in one place, the app to hand hold you, and the multi tank data logging and ability to export to CSV... It's a no brainer, especially if you haven't bought the full suite of eggs yet.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has to be done individually since each reagent is different per parameter measured. Not sure if theres some miracle one reagent + 1 vial tester out there but if it exist and genuinely works and is reasonably accurate at a reasonable price then I want it!

OP
OP
taylored_projects

taylored_projects

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has to be done individually since each reagent is different per parameter measured. Not sure if theres some miracle one reagent + 1 vial tester out there but if it exist and genuinely works and is reasonably accurate at a reasonable price then I want it!
Agreed

OP
OP
taylored_projects

taylored_projects

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and I decided that we're going to bite the bullet and get the multi tester. Between having everything all in one place, the app to hand hold you, and the multi tank data logging and ability to export to CSV... It's a no brainer, especially if you haven't bought the full suite of eggs yet.
That’s what I’m thinking too

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back