New tank cycle - help needed

Once the tank is fully cycled how much water should I change? I know normal water change is 10-20%. Should I do more?
 
I have about

80 lbs of live rock and added about 27 lbs of live sand - Nature’ ocean. Rock was fully cycled from a large aquarium shop in PA.
Hold on! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, but if you used real, wet live rock from a quality local fish store, there is no reason to cycle your tank, and you should not add ammonia!
 
Hold on! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, but if you used real, wet live rock from a quality local fish store, there is no reason to cycle your tank, and you should not add ammonia!
I got it from Hidden Reef in PA. I’m in the cycle now. Will finish it out.
 
I got it from Hidden Reef in PA. I’m in the cycle now. Will finish it out.
No!! 🙂

When you buy real, wet live rock from your fish store, it's already cycled! There's no reason to cycle it, and no reason to add ammonia. In fact, adding ammonia could be detrimental to the beneficial organisms on the live rock 😬
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new