New hanna phosphorus checker

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have run very successful systems with high PO4 myself I run around .03-.05. Also what is your Alk at?

vessxpress1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine changes all the time. One day its 0.06 the next its 0.12. Could be test kit error. It's not going to be perfectly accurate but good enough for our use. I have a small tank and I don't run any GFO. Just cheato in the back on a reverse light cycle.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine changes all the time. One day its 0.06 the next its 0.12. Could be test kit error. It's not going to be perfectly accurate but good enough for our use. I have a small tank and I don't run any GFO. Just cheato in the back on a reverse light cycle.

If you treat the kit like you are working in a lab.. it will be more consistent. For example making sure there are no bubbles, powder fully dissolved, same amount of water in test tube, using same vial and always making sure 10ml is facing directly towards you, clean paper towel to wipe down vial during test each time so it is sparkly clean when clicking the button for all parts of the process, etc...

Maybe you are already doing all that? If so I apologize. Perhaps it will help another person

vessxpress1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I watched the youtube videos and I do all that. I use a 10 ml syringe from a Red Sea kit to fill the same vial every time. I'm very careful about the air bubbles too and making sure it's totally dissolved. Usually shake hard for a while and then rock it slowly to get the air bubbles out. Then wipe off again before reinserting with the 10 facing forward.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back