New heater setup for Reefer 350

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to redo my heater setup in my Reefer 350 and I'm thinking of this solution:

I'd plug the heater into the inkbird and let it cycle the heater on and off and then have the inkbird plug into the apex for a failsafe of overheating in case the inkbird fails. The second plug on the Inkbird would not be utilized. I'd plug a backup heater into another Apex outlet for a fail safe as well.

How does this sound?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redundancy is smart. A few people use those.

Just make sure you have it programmed so that both heaters aren't on at the same time if you don't want them to be.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend not plugging the backup into an EB outlet. If the Neptune EB fails that will disable both your heaters.

I have my main heater powered by the EB and controlled by the Apex, with the internal thermostat set On just lower than Apex On. This means if the Apex fails On the internal thermostat will turn it Off. I also have a chiller as backup for any other fail On events (e.g. backup fails On). My backup heater is not powered by the Neptune EB and it’s internal thermostat is set to turn On just under the main heater On as a backup for main heater or Apex fail Off.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back