OP
OP
gr_reefer75

gr_reefer75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow is key............... think slow, feed slow, stock slow and add coral very slowly.
Do Not let Impulse get the best of you and buy the best you can/can't afford. Buy it once and performance will do the rest. In addition, temp= 78-79, salinity = 1.025-1.027 and keep all aother readings stable rather than chasing/tuning them to perfection.

16715-e1497405674702.jpg
I really appreciate that advice actually. I think I get too caught up in thinking this is a 4 year old reef when really i upgraded close to a year ago to this 75 from a 38 and just need to take it fricken easy. Keep it stable and stay consistent with my water changes. I am documenting everything now and basically stopped dosing completely since my water changes are keeping my parameters nice and consistent. I am seeing progress since my original post. Thanks again!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I really appreciate that advice actually. I think I get too caught up in thinking this is a 4 year old reef when really i upgraded close to a year ago to this 75 from a 38 and just need to take it fricken easy. Keep it stable and stay consistent with my water changes. I am documenting everything now and basically stopped dosing completely since my water changes are keeping my parameters nice and consistent. I am seeing progress since my original post. Thanks again!

That's what its' all about. take the time to enjoy your creation than to worry about levels and maintenance. As the tank ages, things will become easier to the point you can put anything in your tank and suddenly realizing, you are no longer the NOVICE aquarists as you will gain knowledge along the path

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back