New here and excited

Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
hi guys I’m getting into the hobby but diving into all the research and wanting to have a 200+ gal tank with lots of salt water.
Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!
 
Bulkreefsupply.com has a very informative 52 weeks of reefing infomercial to try and sell you all the equipment you may or may not need. I think it is worth watching for the information given, try to resist the sales pitch(s)

Told a new comer earlier today best advice I can give currently is decide what size tank you want and start looking at the Build Threads here for that size category. See how current tanks are operating, what kind of techniques are being applied to keep it healthy. Filtration Components, lighting etc.

I think it is a good idea to map your filtration. I feel it is more important than anything else because that is what keeps the tank healthy. Decide if you want to spend money for salt for water changes or spend money for Dosing to not do water changes, either way keeping Good Water costs a little.

Ask lots of questions here. Some really good folks here that are very knowledgeable.
Good Luck
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
hi guys I’m getting into the hobby but diving into all the research and wanting to have a 200+ gal tank with lots of salt water.
Agreed, freshwater is much harder to get coral to do well in.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new