New here and looking for any advice i can get!!

jleitheiser23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new to the forum and also will be a newbie to marine aquariums. I have a 130 gallon tank now that in the very near future will be converted from freshwater to marine. If anyone has any advice at all that will make the transition easier ill be more than glad to listen. Anything to make it easier that maybe you would have done different if starting over etc. I plan on having both fish and coral. Thanks in advance! -Justin

Darth Polymnus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Invest in an RO/DI filter if you haven't already. Research every live purchase before you make it. Get a skimmer.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
research, research, read, read, read :) Your background in FW will help you in the transition.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably do not have an overflow, sump and return at this point but you might consider one in the future. Here is a very good explaination of sumps with a working model to show how they function:
Melevsreef.com | Acrylic Sumps & Refugiums

I also recommend owning a good reef quality RO/DI system, it will save you a ton with a 130G system and give you the peace of mind knowing you alone control your water quality, after all, water is the single largest ingredient in an aquarium and everything depends on its quality and its stability.

Back