New here and looking for my first tank

Jon112378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

New to the site and searching for my first tank. I had ordered a Red Sea Reefer 300 G2 Max but cancelled it after all the posts I saw about bad seams in Red Sea tanks. I really liked this tank because it came with everything (skimmer, lights, reef mat, etc.) and is all designed to work together. I also read that the G2 tanks are not as prone to the seam issue. Would appreciate any advice on whether or not to take the risk on the RS tank or look for something comparable and purchase all the components separately. Thanks in advance.

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting back into the hobby after getting out 10yrs ago. I just got the innovative marine nuvo ext 75g setup with sump, stand and piping thru BRS. Set it up and cycled about 3 months ago. Couldn't be more happy. Great build quality. They have a lot of different tank sizes to choose from.

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

New to the site and searching for my first tank. I had ordered a Red Sea Reefer 300 G2 Max but cancelled it after all the posts I saw about bad seams in Red Sea tanks. I really liked this tank because it came with everything (skimmer, lights, reef mat, etc.) and is all designed to work together. I also read that the G2 tanks are not as prone to the seam issue. Would appreciate any advice on whether or not to take the risk on the RS tank or look for something comparable and purchase all the components separately. Thanks in advance.

IIRC, it still has issues.

If you the best quality ready-to-fill aquariums stick with Nyos, CADE, or Innovative Marine.

OP
OP
J

Jon112378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting back into the hobby after getting out 10yrs ago. I just got the innovative marine nuvo ext 75g setup with sump, stand and piping thru BRS. Set it up and cycled about 3 months ago. Couldn't be more happy. Great build quality. They have a lot of different tank sizes to choose from.
Good to hear...that's what I just did. Bought the same tank, can't wait to get it. Good luck with yours!

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear...that's what I just did. Bought the same tank, can't wait to get it. Good luck with yours!
Thanks. You too. You won't be disappointed. Did you get it in black or white? I got mine in black. The stand is fairly easy to put together. Just watch the youtube video on it. I also picked up a couple cabinets from IKEA to match. 1 to put my ato reservoir in and the other for power blocks and such. I used Dr Tim's for the cycle and cycled in 8 days. For the stand shelf I had to cut it to fit around the piping but not a big deal. Tuning the bean overflow in the beginning was a little challenging to get silent. It took a week or so til it built a slime coat inside the piping for the 2nd overflow to get silent. Now I can't even hear it. Have fun with it. I am.

Attachments

• 20231013_200654.jpg
    20231013_200654.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
J

Jon112378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. You too. You won't be disappointed. Did you get it in black or white? I got mine in black. The stand is fairly easy to put together. Just watch the youtube video on it. I also picked up a couple cabinets from IKEA to match. 1 to put my ato reservoir in and the other for power blocks and such. I used Dr Tim's for the cycle and cycled in 8 days. For the stand shelf I had to cut it to fit around the piping but not a big deal. Tuning the bean overflow in the beginning was a little challenging to get silent. It took a week or so til it built a slime coat inside the piping for the 2nd overflow to get silent. Now I can't even hear it. Have fun with it. I am.
I got it in black too. Thanks for the tips. I planned on getting a cabinet to put beside it too. Good call looking at IKEA.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back