New here and need help

Reeferguy789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I’m currently having trouble with keeping Bubble tip nems.
My tank is a 20 gallon that’s 2+ years old and i got my first bta 4months ago and went missing after i can back form a trip, I only had for 2 weeks. I got another bta And kept it alive for 2 months and left on a week trip to come back to it gone. My inhabitants are a bi color blenny and a skunk shrimp. Anyone can suspect why ?
All other corals are doing good

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME TO R2R!!Many things in a reef go mysteriously missing and rbt are ones I have heard about more than others it seems.I'm not sure you will find an answer or cause here but lets see what our members come up with.
I'm sure you have checked your parameters but if not you should do so.Sometimes it's something we can not test for our selves at home so maybe sending out a water sample for icp testing could find something you missed.
That's about the best advice I have but maybe others will have a different view that may help as well.
Oh and post a few pics of your setup to possibly help with finding a cause as well.

Last edited:

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting? Water chemistry? Never had any trouble with the dozens of BTAs I keep and propagate - most importantly, though, these are nems that have been captive conditioned and kept very happy in propagation so it stands to reason they are much more resilient to the dynamic changes our home systems experience. A stressed out or bleached anemone is a whole other animal altogether. All bets are off if you've had bad luck but are not sure of the source for the nems you added. They could have been stressed out already and may have not had much of a chance in your system regardless.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B295490B-3384-4511-94F8-0468F2B5F4C5.gif

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!:)

I have found, that one has to spot feed anemone's for a few months when introduce them to the system. One my have clowns in the system but it also takes a couple of month to train the clowns to feed the anemone.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Grab some water and run it to a trusted LFS and have them test it to see what readings they come up with.
What method of filtration are you using and how strong is water current? Also- how bright are your lights?

th

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back