New Here, can ya show me around!!

jshriev_157

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
51
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. My name is James, and I'm new here. Starting another tank after being out of the hobby for years. I purchased a reefer 350. I plan on doing a reef tank this time instead of a fish only tank. I ordered the Red Ogo from the Barn. Now I have to quickly find good light for it in the refugium. I have 2 red sea 90s for the display. I hope to find a great light that won't produce too much heat, work with the 90s to promote algae growth in the fuge instead of the display, and that has a built-in timer so I don't have to play the turn on and off game. I'll upload pics soon. My cycle is starting as the tank is starting to Brown!
 
Welcome!

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.. :)
 
Im still learning my way around as well...... But maybe someone can answer me this (In accordance to him saying his tank is starting to brown) I started a tank about 6 months ago. Went through the brown ( Which Im assuming means diatoms) but then got ich. Everything (fish) is dead now. So I put my rock in a brute trashcan with heater,fresh salt water and powerhead. Not going to even set up until after full 88 day. Will I have to go through the browning stage again after starting from ground 0? I Plan on reef only after new Waterbox shows up.
 
Hello all. My name is James, and I'm new here. Starting another tank after being out of the hobby for years. I purchased a reefer 350. I plan on doing a reef tank this time instead of a fish only tank. I ordered the Red Ogo from the Barn. Now I have to quickly find good light for it in the refugium. I have 2 red sea 90s for the display. I hope to find a great light that won't produce too much heat, work with the 90s to promote algae growth in the fuge instead of the display, and that has a built-in timer so I don't have to play the turn on and off game. I'll upload pics soon. My cycle is starting as the tank is starting to Brown!
Welcome!

whale GIF
 
Can’t go wrong with a good old kessil fuge light but that’s expensive so I’d go with a Tunze fuge light. They make multiple sizes and are strips so you can do multiple or just 1 depending on the size of your tank. Quick tip you want to have your fuge light on at night and off during day to give even oxygen to the chaeto or such
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new