0   0   0
Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0 White.png

MindlessToxin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, that’s something I’m trying to figure out too. It looks like you have a standard rimmed tank, looks like a 90 gallon. I would think someone has a lid or screen to fit that tank. Other option include DIY screen tops or custom made acrylic tops, but these get expensive if you’re in a budget. DIY is almost certainly the least expensive option, some plastic egg crate material, some screen material, and you’re more or less done. The egg crate can be cut to just rest on that inside lip of the rim on your tank.

I recently ordered this screen kit, I got the smaller size for a 10 gallon, but this would fit your tank. I haven’t received it yet, and it looks a little cheesy. I just need a temporary top for a QT tank, so I thought I’d try this. If it works and seems substantial enough for your tank I will let you know.

DIY Magnetic Screen Top
I have the same Magnetic Screen top(large one) on my 75g tank. It's doing the job so far. I've had it for about a month now. It was a little pain to set up. I had to have my wife help. I definitely recommend a second set of hands.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same Magnetic Screen top(large one) on my 75g tank. It's doing the job so far. I've had it for about a month now. It was a little pain to set up. I had to have my wife help. I definitely recommend a second set of hands.
Thank you for the feedback on the screen top! Honestly, this thing looks entirely cheesy lol! But, I spent a long time researching and building a QT system for fish, actually bought a fish - a Yasha goby that's prone to jumping - and on my way home with the goby I realized I don't have a top on my QT tank! Right now I have some cardboard and plastic hopefully holding the fish in, who for now is hunkered down, and showing no signs of jumping or even leaving his hide. My screen kit comes tomorrow. I only need this for a few months or so as I QT some livestock. I'll be happy to report on my experience with it, if the OP and others would benefit.

Thanks for your reply!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back