Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey my name is David and I’m brand new into the hobby! I have a 20 gallon tank that I have not started yet (still researching). If anyone has any good videos or reading material about the hobby feel free to shoot ‘em my way!!
Welcome aboard!

I am still rather new myself. I do a ton of research here on these forums. Some fantastic build threads if you look around. I do a ton of my research through YouTube videos.

Tidal Gardens videos are grand if your researching different corals. Don’t listen if you are tired as Than will put you to sleep.

Coraleuphoria has some solid videos mostly regarding acropora, but some cool diy tips and and general operation maintenance recommendations.

Bulk reef supply has several different start up series. The 5 minute quick guides are good pretty good. They also have the 52 weeks of reefing which is pretty long winded, but crucial info. Any of their start up guides will teach you the basics.

Also a fan of reefdork’s videos. He has some pretty good guides as well and they are humorous, yet informative. He has some good videos on different stocking options for smaller aquariums you may find helpful.

One thing I found pretty helpful is the liveaquaria website for getting quick facts about different fish, though a deeper dive is usually required.

for reading I am kind of all over the internet so no books to recommend yet. Though I would love to hear of some good ones.

p.s. howdy…

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back