New here from from SLC, UT! Hi! :)

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new here from SLC, UT. My first job was actually in a saltwater aquarium store when I was 14. I fell out of the hobby for a number of years, but after 12 years am now back. Excited to be here! I just setup a Waterbox P25 Mini back in January and am making progress.... slowly. Here are a couple of pics of the setup. Excited to be a part of the community and learn from all you experienced hobbyists.

IMG_0991.JPG IMG_0992.JPG
I love the aquascape, very nice, and welcome!

OP
OP
Austin317

Austin317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been to Corals Coral yet but want to. The local selection is terrible IMO. All full of pests or very poor selection IME.

You're welcome to come see my tank anytime. It's in my build thread
Thanks for the invite! Would love to take you up on that sometime. Always fun to see other's tanks. Yes, not a ton of options here in UT. There are a few, but nothing like what exists back east.

I think Corals Coral has the best higher end stuff that is reasonably priced in the state. All the other stores charge an arm and a leg for pretty basic stuff IMO.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the invite! Would love to take you up on that sometime. Always fun to see other's tanks. Yes, not a ton of options here in UT. There are a few, but nothing like what exists back east.

I think Corals Coral has the best higher end stuff that is reasonably priced in the state. All the other stores charge an arm and a leg for pretty basic stuff IMO.

We used to have great stores and selection but not enough hobbyists to support them all. None of them went after the online side of things either.

I mean I've had full colonies for sale for $20 and not a single hit on the local boards.

OP
OP
Austin317

Austin317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used to have great stores and selection but not enough hobbyists to support them all. None of them went after the online side of things either.

I mean I've had full colonies for sale for $20 and not a single hit on the local boards.
Wow.... that's crazy! Are there local UT boards on here as well or through a different site? I worked at Aquatica in Orem back in the day as my first job when I was 14. That's how I got into the hobby. I remember we had all sorts of super cool stuff and the tanks were pristine.... because I was the one cleaning them ;)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow.... that's crazy! Are there local UT boards on here as well or through a different site? I worked at Aquatica in Orem back in the day as my first job when I was 14. That's how I got into the hobby. I remember we had all sorts of super cool stuff and the tanks were pristine.... because I was the one cleaning them ;)

WMAS has a forum plus the Facebook group. The forum is basically dead at this point.

Aquatica was one of the best but Shawn closed up shop. He has a store now but odd hours and not nearly at the Aquatica level. His old 600g walk-around tank was one of the best display tanks I've ever seen in person.

OP
OP
Austin317

Austin317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WMAS has a forum plus the Facebook group. The forum is basically dead at this point.

Aquatica was one of the best but Shawn closed up shop. He has a store now but odd hours and not nearly at the Aquatica level. His old 600g walk-around tank was one of the best display tanks I've ever seen in person.
Yeah, Aquatic Evolution, but his stock is not nearly what it once was... A lot of the stuff he carries now seems pretty basic. I miss that 600g walk around. Loved that thing! It had the brightest pink birdnest I have ever seen! I spent SO much time on that tank... It was like another child to Shawn.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, Aquatic Evolution, but his stock is not nearly what it once was... A lot of the stuff he carries now seems pretty basic. I miss that 600g walk around. Loved that thing! It had the brightest pink birdnest I have ever seen! I spent SO much time on that tank... It was like another child to Shawn.

He had that massive true Fiji yellow leather in it and the purple tang that constantly swam laps around it. I saw that tank for sale just recently

sassyfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new here from SLC, UT. My first job was actually in a saltwater aquarium store when I was 14. I fell out of the hobby for a number of years, but after 12 years am now back. Excited to be here! I just setup a Waterbox P25 Mini back in January and am making progress.... slowly. Here are a couple of pics of the setup. Excited to be a part of the community and learn from all you experienced hobbyists.

IMG_0991.JPG IMG_0992.JPG
Welcome to an amazing group of fish and coral lovers. They are always here to help with great advice.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back