New here from Oklahoma

  • Thread starter Thread starter Humorosity
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Our refugium is out front for all to see. We did this so people would ask what is that?! Since most refugiums are hidden, most people have never seen one. It looks kind of strange and not so pretty so we get lots of questions about it. We wanted them to ask so we could talk about the science of water filtration, about how the water has a certain chemistry and this natural algae helps filter out bad things in the water like nitrates.

Anyway I took some pics for you in the back room. Pics of our sump and skimmer water tanks and all that jazz.
 

Attachments

  • backroom doorview.jpg
    backroom doorview.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 196
  • back of refugium.jpg
    back of refugium.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 156
  • moretankcleaningstuff.jpg
    moretankcleaningstuff.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 180
  • skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 163
  • refugium.jpg
    refugium.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 183
I didnt mean to but I lied. I meant that THIS picture is my favorite of the shrooms. All of the pictures were taken on my galaxy s5. There is no photoshop I dont know how to even do that.
 

Attachments

  • favoriteshroompic.jpg
    favoriteshroompic.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 185
Your work's display tank looks good,you should definitely keep a photo record of it.If you'd like you can create a thread for notes here-
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks.52/ I also like your feather duster picture as I have always been fond of those.
Thank you for sharing!
 
id be filling that up with all sorts of cool stuff...they buying? lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new