New Here from small town Alabama!

AngelM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello....I'm Angel and I'm an addict. Thanks for allowing me into your little "support group" hehe. Currently running a 500 gallon SPS dominated display, a 250 mixed Reef, a 46 anemone species tank and a 46 Mixed. Glad to meet you all! :angel:

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Angel.:wave:

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community!

shawncp00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see some pics I'm not to far from ya I might need to get some sps from you

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell ne how to lower the calcium in my tank. Im at 30 drops and still getting purpple on my test kit. And is it bad for my corals. I only have a colony of xenia. [emoji305]
Hello @cesarramirez1780 ! Chances are your xenia will be fine.You will want to repost your question here https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/new-to-saltwater-reef-aquariums-post-here.130/ Be sure to include more information as suggested here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/p...-this-information-when-asking-for-help.44257/ *Welcome to Reef2Reef!*

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, glad to see new faces, I am from Alabama as well. Xenia are funny, they can stay put for a long time, and they can also take over the tank. I wouldn't worry too much about the calcium. too much magnesium can slow or stop pulsing action. they can also start to disappear in the presence of other soft leather type corals, and can benefit from running a little activated carbon filter if there are more than one type of leather coral in the tank. just my two cents.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back