New here, need help identifying white spots on young clown

  • Thread starter Thread starter Winngrin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Winngrin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Ocala
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this clown for approximately a week and a half, came from my very reputable lfs which I work at (in the office, I am new to saltwater). In a tank with only one other clown who shows no symptoms. Both are acting and eating normally. Water was just professionally tested today. I have a hospital tank that can be ready to go tomorrow.
Any help is appreciated!
1000011079.png
1000011081.jpg
1000011079.png
 
I've had this clown for approximately a week and a half, came from my very reputable lfs which I work at (in the office, I am new to saltwater). In a tank with only one other clown who shows no symptoms. Both are acting and eating normally. Water was just professionally tested today. I have a hospital tank that can be ready to go tomorrow.
Any help is appreciated!
1000011079.png
1000011081.jpg
1000011079.png
Pictures are fuzzy but appear to be spots from injury and possible scrapes. Please provide a video with less blue lighting to see if treatment is required
 
I've had this clown for approximately a week and a half, came from my very reputable lfs which I work at (in the office, I am new to saltwater). In a tank with only one other clown who shows no symptoms. Both are acting and eating normally. Water was just professionally tested today. I have a hospital tank that can be ready to go tomorrow.
Any help is appreciated!
1000011079.png
1000011081.jpg
1000011079.png

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I agree, this looks like a scrape injury.

Were the two clownfish paired up before you go them? It may be that one is tagging the other. You likely won't see this sort of fighting actually happen, because when you enter the room, they will stop and watch you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new