New here!

Shmollica

View Badges
Reaction score
Howdy everyone! I’m in northeast Ohio, and been running saltwater tanks (FOWLR and small mixed reefs). I’ve got a pic of my current tank I reset up. This is a 46 bow front I got on sale with the stand a while back. I drilled the back (bottom was tempered), added the overflow, and rebuilt the stand a little to fit the 29 sump then added those baffles from 1/8 plexi. I’ve had this tank going about three weeks and in this tank am trying a fuge from the start. I’ll keep updates with this tank since I think I could possibly be stripping too much nutrition too early but we will see!

9D376955-86BD-4DB1-9049-7BDDED3E30F1.jpeg 11FBFABE-B577-444D-8106-CFAF57A4010D.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
Shmollica

Shmollica

View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah I assume I don’t have enough nutrients to support the fuge yet....I have always started with “live” rock in the past, but after the tank is set up for 2-3 years they always seem to become pest tanks on me lol. This time I used old rock I sterilized and the brightwell start ups....I thought about dosing their nutrients to support starting with a fuge but that’s just over complicating it I think....thanks for the warm welcomes!!!

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

Do you take notice when your coral starts stretching or shrinking?

• YES and usually there is a probem

Votes: 83 65.9%
  • YES but I never have a problem

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • NO

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 7.1%