New Heteractis magnifica

Ron Popeil

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
196
Reaction score
113
Location
Tigard, OR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i stumbled across this heteractis magnifica at a local fish store and i am not exaggerating when i say i have NEVER seen this color form in all my years of searching (nearly twenty!), let alone this color form AND one this incredibly healthy. sometimes i still rub my eyes in disbelief seeing this thing in person. all i need now is a pair of amphiprion chrysogaster and i'll never need anything else again.



IMG_8573.jpeg
IMG_8577.jpeg


IMG_8581.jpeg


 
I haven't seen these in years. The red base is stunning, especially combined with the lighter tentacles. I was told years ago that these were exported from the eastern coast of Africa.
 
I haven't seen these in years. The red base is stunning, especially combined with the lighter tentacles. I was told years ago that these were exported from the eastern coast of Africa.
i had always heard the same. so id try getting my local stores to get an import from their kenyan suppliers. but every time id see what came in it would be some rusty brown based specimen. usually struggling.

ill have to see if i can trace back the origin of this one.
 
I have a very similar one I just bought. I think we got ours from the same place lol. Here's mine going through qt. But arrived very healthy and quite large. The largest of my 3 ritteri's



20260926_185658.jpg

20260926_185652.jpg
 
I have a very similar one I just bought. I think we got ours from the same place lol. Here's mine going through qt. But arrived very healthy and quite large. The largest of my 3 ritteri's



20260926_185658.jpg

20260926_185652.jpg
Gorgeous looking!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new