New hobby attached to this hobby

  • Thread starter Thread starter riche
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
439
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have always been intrigued by photography and what better way to get involved then taking pictures of fish and corals :)

Im starting out with some used equipment dslr canon 20 d and a canon xt

Im not sure what lenses Im getting with the xt, but I got a great deal for 2 lenses the xt 4 memory cards 2 filters and a bag

The 20d has the basic lens that came with it but still takes great Pictures

I will also be getting into taking pictures of my 3 boys playing baseball (for teaching/coaching)


What is the best free photo software, is it Photoshop?

Also What is shooting Raw?
 
If you have a mac, get the app Fotor. it is free and it is everything you need to edit your pictures.
Shooting raw... I'll let someone else explain that to you... I have no idea and can't figure out how to set my camera to it or what to do with it.. I just jpg and work with it.
 
I goggled Raw and found out my answer :)

As for a free photo editing software I am using windows, what would some recommend
 
If you have a mac, get the app Fotor. it is free and it is everything you need to edit your pictures.
Shooting raw... I'll let someone else explain that to you... I have no idea and can't figure out how to set my camera to it or what to do with it.. I just jpg and work with it.
Thanks for this, I pay for light room monthly but free is always better
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new