New Human

coralcello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I’m in NYC and soon to be in Reno, NV in a few months. I'm brand new to marine setups and decided to (perhaps foolishly) jump into it with a 1.5 pico that I've been journaling about over in the Nano forum. Yes, small tanks are not a grand idea for noobs. I've kept planted freshwater for years and have an ugly and neglected 29g java fern and anubias jungle being babysat right now by family until I finish my current semester of grad school. At the moment, that is home to white clouds and male cherry barbs who normally reside outdoors in the summer. Thinking that I’m gonna turn it into fancy neo shrimp habitat in the future. Also have an empty 55g that might become a hill-stream kinda biotope for various nano fishes...

Man. Saltwater is a whole new world. My Jar (although, potentially it will be upgraded up two gallons soon and be more of a tank thing) is an attempt to keep me sane/add to my insanity. I’m dedicating it to hitchhikers and, soon, other undesirables like ugly palys, aiptasia, majano, maybe a butt ton of xenia idk. No fish ever. I love “pest tanks” and I can prob get the livestock for free haha.

Below is a pic of a 30 gallon patio pond I built for my mom last summer...only non-jar “tank” pics I have so far.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

F031D43B-22FC-4170-9CEE-C43C4A7BEE0B.jpeg

62A550D2-A86D-4FFD-9197-C7880D1006C7.jpeg

594DE6E0-3C08-4891-922D-5F60906AA60E.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R and the saltwater world!!:)

Great shoot of the planted fresh water especially the lily's

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back