New Hydros App Comes out today:

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to see the web app. On one of the live streams with the creator/lead engineer there was talk of a REST API as well. Can't wait for that as I'm using apis to link everything in my tanks together with data/AI analytics and my home auto as well. Great work!

That is still the game plan. There is a second wave of products coming after the Control 2 and Control 4 that we feel will make life easier for hobbyists with large or complex systems. There is another coming, a very "why didn't I think of that?" (heck, maybe you did!) type solution, that will give hobbyists on other platforms a compelling reason to switch. Then, there is the most ambitious and "why didn't anyone do this years ago" of the three, which we're very excited to introduce. We'll continue universe building with equipment and accessories so that you'll have a much bigger playground to explore. We want outside developers to help us and teach us so we can learn from each other and evolve the platform more rapidly than we could ever hope to all by ourselves. That future is bright and we are very excited for what's next!

Last edited:

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the web app on my surface and made into an app with edge. I am ready to go when the equipment becomes available.

Awesome! 26 days until lift-off!

hydros-launch-giveaway-3.png

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the new app, especially with the latest update with light and dark themes. I love how I just select a pump, then I can go straight to the settings and adjust on the fly. Nice!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Hey, would you mind copy/pasting what you just wrote in one of the app stores? Positive testimonials are gold! We appreciate you!

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree, really like the new layout. However, I still can’t get these 3 fantom Ectotech pumps to leave my status page, which was an issue in the old app I was hoping would be fixed. Any thoughts on this Jeff?

9C373061-C880-4B61-81AF-481613B20629.png

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, really like the new layout. However, I still can’t get these 3 fantom Ectotech pumps to leave my status page, which was an issue in the old app I was hoping would be fixed. Any thoughts on this Jeff?

9C373061-C880-4B61-81AF-481613B20629.png
Did you turn it off in the Options Menu? "Show Ecotech Status"
1602254949994.png

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can you preorder a wave engine and since I currently have a apex would the smaller wave engine be beneficial

The WaveEngine is actually already available. If your LFS doesn't stock, it you can ask them to contact us and we can try to arrange an in-store pick-up for you. Otherwise you can buy it from your favorite online retailer. Here are a few I know that carry it:
  • Clear Choice Aquatics
  • Fish Tanks Direct
  • Fragtastic Reef
  • Live Aquaria
  • Marine Depot
  • Premium Aquatics
  • Saltwater Aquarium
There isn't a smaller WaveEngine, just one has wireless control of EcoTech Marine pumps and one doesn't. As to whether it would be beneficial, I think that's a matter of personal opinion/preference but essentially the WaveEngine is the hobby's first universal pump controller. It can supply power to up to 4 pumps, freeing you from up to 4 power bricks and 4 external controllers that might otherwise clutter up your stand. So it tidies up the tank, but makes it safer. You can power and/or control 4 pumps with Direct Drive (directly connected), control another 4 with 0-10V ... and then control as many VorTechs wirelessly as you'd like! Although the app has changed significantly, this thread may help you out with your Apex questions:

The WaveEngine can also supply power to other HYDROS devices, like the Control 2 and Control 4, further reducing cord and power brick clutter. It comes sealed in an IP65 (dust-proof/splash proof enclosure ) and uses aviation-style connectors so it's safe to mount INSIDE your stand, unlike most controller products that aren't built to survive in the environment in which they are intended for. I'll past some other links below you can comb through at your leisure:

About the WaveEngine

About the New App

Is My Pump Compatible?

Preset Flow Modes

Additional Support

For technical questions, you are welcome to email our support staff at [email protected] and they can answer questions that I cannot.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back