New IM 25 lagoon

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on running a skimmer? Sorry if I missed it. I just am getting my 25g lagoon set up after being away for a while too. Also using dry rock, and Dr Tim’s. I’m just a few weeks behind you. I really like this tank, and can’t wait to see what you do with it!

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on running a skimmer? Sorry if I missed it. I just am getting my 25g lagoon set up after being away for a while too. Also using dry rock, and Dr Tim’s. I’m just a few weeks behind you. I really like this tank, and can’t wait to see what you do with it!
No I’m not going to run a skimmer I have only 2 clowns and only feed once a day. With that small of a bio load I think I would do more harm than good skimming. Do you have it up and running yet?

Corals48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this tank as well it’s not too big of a footprint but big enough for what I want to put in it.
Tank is starting to look good, mine looked like that as well, I got mine about 3 months ago, seems pretty solid. I got rid of the filter sock and got one of the in Tank media baskets. Tried ordering a nano skimmer but it never shipped, they all seem to be out of stock.
IM_25_3months.jpg

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is starting to look good, mine looked like that as well, I got mine about 3 months ago, seems pretty solid. I got rid of the filter sock and got one of the in Tank media baskets. Tried ordering a nano skimmer but it never shipped, they all seem to be out of stock.
IM_25_3months.jpg
Oh I like that!! Mine came with one basket and one filter sock. I added a second sock and put the media basket and heater in the second chamber. Can’t wait for mine to look like yours!

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I like that!! Mine came with one basket and one filter sock. I added a second sock and put the media basket and heater in the second chamber. Can’t wait for mine to look like yours!
I was researching before buying and it was suggested to me to loose the sock and get a second media chamber. So that’s what I did. One side has filter floss/bio-spheres/chemo blue, the other side has just biospheres and filter floss. I have no idea if that was good advice, but it made sense to me! Lol

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was researching before buying and it was suggested to me to loose the sock and get a second media chamber. So that’s what I did. One side has filter floss/bio-spheres/chemo blue, the other side has just biospheres and filter floss. I have no idea if that was good advice, but it made sense to me! Lol
I run that setup and so far so good. I took it from a few of the other folks who have multi year established and gorgeous looking IM 25 tanks so here is hoping we all can replicate their success

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That actually sounds like a good idea that way I can open up the second chamber to add another media reactor.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a new tank pic I’m happy with how it’s coming along but I’m stuck at 0 nitrates so I may have to start dosing.
Looking good!

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking awesome. I just dosed nitrates in mine today. I have been feeding like mad and nitrates still sitting at zero for me too
Yeah extra feeding is not working for me so I’m gonna start dosing this weekend. I just started dosing kalkwasser today we will see how that goes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back