New in the forum and presentation

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Your knowledge and experience will be welcome here.
H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg

OP
OP
Bioloco (EasyReefs)

Bioloco (EasyReefs)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the good reception.

VEry nice! Do you have a tank? Pictures? Future plans? We love pics!!

Hi! budy. In this moment i don't have any aquariums because I haven't time to keep it, but I hope star a new one the next year if I can stabilize myself a little. "My aquariums" today are test aquarium to develop diferent products for EasyReefs, I can't say you more, sorry. Too, I manage corals with the Reefer proyect (https://reefersproject.org/). It mainten me very busy too and i hope travel again next year to Mentawai to continue with the restauration proyect. I send some pictures for this:

1703276002581.jpeg

1703276017201.jpeg

1703276028959.jpeg

1703276048346.jpeg

I haven't a lot of pictures for my old tanks because the phones hadn't camara or a good camara in 2011 and years before. I don't know where is these pictures, jajajaja. However, for example, here a little experiment that I ran 2 years ago with a very pico reef:
1703273945199.jpeg

1703273956540.jpeg

It's a 2l sea cold water aquarium for non photosintetics filtrator animals (mussels, briozoas, ascidians, sponges and shells). The two pictures have 6 mounth of difference. I didn't use sump (only a 1l rDSB), skimer or mecanic filtration. 1 or 2 water changes per mounth and water movement by airlift inside the tank and 150 l/h pump between tank and rDSB. The idea of this aquarium was maintenance filtrator animals, caprelids and to get a very high densiti of microanimals has possible. The particles in the water colum and glass were copepods, ganmarids and rotifers that grew inside, I never used a cultive of this animals, they came asociated with mussels and briozoas and later invaded the aquarium.

It ran during one year until an electric cut pass the temperature since 18ºC to 27ºC and the aquarium failed. Here, in Sevilla, the temperature inside the houses can elevated to 36ºC or more during the summer, so people use a lot of condicioned air all the time. So some times the electric service colapse. Is very dificult and dangerous keep cold water aquariums in this conditions.

Sorry by the long post, I hope you enjoy with the pictures.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back