New Innovative Marine 75int build

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading tank from a 2 ft Aquaforest Oceanguard to a 3 ft Innovative marine. I wish I had room for 4 ft of tank but my floor plan won’t allow it. Just ordered tank today and am about to order the rest today. If you see any errors in choice please chime in.
I will be transferring 2 Octo pulse and 1 Nero 3 powerheads, red dragon x pump, radion xr15 g6 pro to new build. Also transferring ultra reef borei 120 skimmer.
I am purchasing:
-Trigger Platinum 26 sump with roller mat. Should I go 34?
-BRS 200 watt heating element to add to existing element and IM controller.
-Aqua UV classic 15 watt uv
-radion xr15 pro (making 2 on new build)
-tons of plumbing parts for connect sump to tank.

These are the basics. I’ve had IM before and they were very helpful with my questions. As always, BRS is great, too. This is gonna be a fun build! Not sure if I want bigger sump or more room Under tank. I almost added a reefbreeders photon 32” but adding a radion is cheaper. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated before I place order.
Thank you!

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbed sump and leak tested tank. Before I glue, anything look wrong?
Will soft plumb uv sterilizer in space to right of sump.
IMG_3455.jpeg
IMG_3453.jpeg

Fish_Fry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, it's coming along nicely.

I have the same tank along with a Trigger Sapphire 26. If anything I should have gone with a smaller sump. After adding a 5 gallon ATO reservoir there is very little room left under the tank. I wish I had more room for a larger ATO Reservoir, dosing setup, better cable mgtmt, supplies etc.

Good luck

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, it's coming along nicely.

I have the same tank along with a Trigger Sapphire 26. If anything I should have gone with a smaller sump. After adding a 5 gallon ATO reservoir there is very little room left under the tank. I wish I had more room for a larger ATO Reservoir, dosing setup, better cable mgtmt, supplies etc.

Good luck
Yeah that part will be a challenge for me as well. I hope to have enough room outside of right side of tank to place ato reservoir, dosing, etc.

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3495.jpeg
IMG_3496.jpeg
Plumbing finally glued and UV installed. I have never installed a uv like this and hope it will be stable. I used sheet rock anchors to secure the clips. Think this will hold?
IMG_3497.jpeg

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Success at last! While I still have a lot of work to do organizing cables and setting up hydros controller that’s on the way, I managed to have a successful transfer of livestock with no fatalities.
Very happy with everything so far, from the Trigger Platinum 26 sump and much more.
IMG_3535.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.5%
Back