New Juvenile Emperor Angel question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Desperado
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Desperado

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2013
Messages
116
Reaction score
63
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering.... Got a new juvenile Emperor angel 2 days ago. He swam around for a little bit in the tank and no one is harassing him. However, he now found a cave he likes and he's just been kind of hanging out in there for the most part. I see him picking at rocks and sometimes he's got his head buried in a crevice. Aquarium guy that helps me maintain tank said he very well could be munching on some sponges and staying in cave until he gets more comfortable. Is this shyness normal?

I included a pic of him in his cave he really likes (or at least where he's been hanging out for 24 hrs).
thanks!!!
IMG_1547.jpeg
IMG_1560.jpeg
 
Yes, totally normal for the first few days. I've had my juvenile emperor angel for around a month and he still enjoys spelunking whenever possible. Once they figure out your feeding routine you can usually count on them to be out and about (like mine is now). I don't know if you feed seaweed for any of your other tangs, but all my omnivores really enjoy TLF SeaVeggies (green or red) when I wrap a quarter sheet to a small flat rock with a rubber band. You can always place something like this outside his cave entrance to encourage him to venture forth!
 
Have had mine 3 years was 2” when I got him he hid out for a week and then became king of the tank. Mine loves meaty seafood and both red or green nori
Hi! I know this is a few years old....bit I was wondering what ever happened? How did yout tank and fish turn out?
 
Picking at rocks is a good sign with intent to eat. Mat be intimidated by others and will soon come out more often. Reducing white intensity may help
 
A493AFD3-D4F0-49DD-81DA-2F1125348767.jpeg

7 yr old African flameback is the only other angel don’t know how much longer he has though hopefully a couple more years
Nice! I had one for several years, then one day we went crazy on my Leopard Wrasses......so I traded him in to my LFS. He was Nice and fat too....lol....
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new