new KHD probe defective?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried calibrating a new KHD probe I received today using the phone app, like I have always used, and am getting similar high readings for both the PH4 fluid, 65256, and the PH7 fluid, 65257. I rinsed the probe in RODI water and wiped it off before putting it in the calibration fluid. I am thinking the probe is defective or I am doing something really incorrect. The probe does say KHD on the probe. My KHD director has been down all week. Very frustrating!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you have it plugged into the KHD and not the doser that feeds the KHD. I had one do the exact same thing and I found out that I plugged the probe into the doser and not the KHD. As soon as I change it, it started to read correctly.

OP
OP
R

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you have it plugged into the KHD and not the doser that feeds the KHD. I had one do the exact same thing and I found out that I plugged the probe into the doser and not the KHD. As soon as I change it, it started to read correctly.
I checked and it is plugged into the KHD.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried calibrating a new KHD probe I received today using the phone app, like I have always used, and am getting similar high readings for both the PH4 fluid, 65256, and the PH7 fluid, 65257. I rinsed the probe in RODI water and wiped it off before putting it in the calibration fluid. I am thinking the probe is defective or I am doing something really incorrect. The probe does say KHD on the probe. My KHD director has been down all week. Very frustrating!
Open a ticket so we can help you one-on-one. If you already did, provide the ticket number and I'll jump on an assist.

OP
OP
R

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny responded and thinks the probe is defective. I have a replacement arriving Tuesday from BRS.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back