New Landlock Reefer here!

MacieKnis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m living in Colorado and I was given a Octo T60 tank this week. It came with a sump, Neptune ATO, fish, RODI unit, everything.. so I have so many questions. However, I’d like to start off with why the tank is so dang loud? I’ve read it could have too much water, or not enough water. I can’t seem to find anything online about this tank to see if I could adjust anything on the overflow? Any suggestions? I’ll attach some photos of the tank. I appreciate the safe space that reef2reef has to offer for silly questions like mine!

IMG_7330.jpeg IMG_7327.jpeg IMG_7328.jpeg IMG_7329.jpeg

OP
OP
MacieKnis

MacieKnis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! The overflow is a good place to start to reduce noise. Is that FMM just resting on the sump? Looks precarious
Yes at the moment. I cannot get it to stick on the side. It keeps falling. I gotta find sticker tape! Darn thing falls and scares the heck out of me

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes at the moment. I cannot get it to stick on the side. It keeps falling. I gotta find sticker tape! Darn thing falls and scares the heck out of me
I never trust tape. You might want to consider drilling into the cabinet to attach a shelf or small basket.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.4%
Back