New Lens

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
3,080
Reaction score
243
Location
Rockville, MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally made the commitment and bought a Nikon Micro 85mm lens, using it on a Nikon D5000 DSLR. I only got it yesterday so I am still experimenting and learning, but wow, the difference is incredible.
Here are some shots so far.
DSC_0015_zps1e6af5c0.jpg
DSC_0017_zpse0760432.jpg

My huge turbo snail, Walrus
DSC_0021_zps72d3f173.jpg
DSC_0019_zps9cd86974.jpg

My blue tuxedo urchin, Mr. Blue
DSC_0026_zps1cdfa559.jpg
DSC_0035_zps79bd82d9.jpg

2 newly found worms. I think they may even be christmas tree worms, not 100% yet though. Not easy to photograph as there are angles and limitation of the area.
DSC_0038_zps320fa70d.jpg
DSC_0039_zpsdc54e3c6.jpg

Zebra, the dwarf zebra hermit. My all time favorite hermit
DSC_0044_zpsc62e36b7.jpg
DSC_0049_zpsb648e942.jpg

Jon the clown fish
DSC_0057_zpse44afe0d.jpg

Nymeria is NOT a fan of the camera.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new