New level of paying it forward

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided that I am going to take paying it forward to a whole new level. Full disclosure I am several months away from being where I want to be with the project due to recent medical issues along with starting a new job but I am fully committed to making this finally happen. I have some really nice corals that I am going to be growing out and I would like to give them away to the local people as often as possible.

Im sure most people just want to know what corals will be offered up, the real question is why. I have been keeping saltwater tanks for about 25 years and the entire time it’s been a solo journey for the most part. My wife although supportive never cared much about my hobby. Over the years she has become more and more supportive and has allowed me to spend way to much money on things but aside from naming the fish didn’t really want anything to do with it. After all these years she is now facing some health issues of her own and after several long talks she has decided she would like a tank of her own to help take her mind away from other things. I have had a few people offer to help get the tank going and share some frags which gave me the push to return the favor 10 fold.

Ok so I do apologize that my first offering is not a rare or particularly stunning but if you would like a sizable frag of ORANGE DIGI MONTIPORA leave a comment saying so. I will be bringing it to next weekend AZFRAG meeting. Each person who comments that they want it will be given a number then I will use a random number selector to choose who gets it. I promise as the months go by you will see some great pieces.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks NewReefer42 her tank is barely set up but it's a Red Sea reefer 170 with the AI hydra HD LED light. That par meter may come in handy down the line, I will let you know. As for now you are #1.

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you can find a new reefer for that frag. I love that you’re giving back to the community!

All the best to you and your wife’s health battles and tank journey. Let us know if we can help or if she’d like a rock flower, or if I can pick your frag club dues.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well seeing how nobody else was interested in a free coral I have decided to give NewReefer42, a second free frag of a different coral. Let me know when you are available to meet up.

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well seeing how nobody else was interested in a free coral I have decided to give NewReefer42, a second free frag of a different coral. Let me know when you are available to meet up.

Hey man, I will potentially take you up on your offer. Also, hope your wife is feeling ok. I also have some potential frags I could throw your way for her tank if you want. I’ll be in town next week. In Cali right now.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next week I am taking her to Cali! We are going to San Diego Thursday-Saturday. Let me know if we can make it work. I live in the far west side of Phoenix. I could always meet you in Cali if you will be there then r here if the dates line up.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a few zoas from them. What did you pick up?
I got a few choice SPS pieces for myself but I will be fragging them when j can to give away. I need to start getting more zoas and shrooms for giveaways. The trip was tons of fun but as always far too short.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outstanding! This a big part of what local clubs should be about. Everyone benefits as there are valued corals in multiple tanks, assuring that the piece will live on and be available in the event of an individual losing it!

Hoping your wife's medical problems resolve soon!

Justin Teufel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that this is a month ago, but If you still have any more of that orange digi montipora, please let me know. I would love a piece! My tank needs new corals, and I am trying to fill in space. I don't have that many corals right now, so that would be so cool to get.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F52DF3ED-6D21-486B-9E35-F84DE8DA2ACF.jpeg
@NewReefer42 where did you disappear to? I have sent a few pm’s to try and meet up to give you your free corals.

@Goubli lets meet up and I will bring you a piece if you want

@Justin Teufel I do have more if you want a piece.

Everyone else who may be reading this, I will be posting a pic of the coral I am giving away in June very soon. I bet a few more people will want to get in on the action when they see what is up for grabs.

I just purchased a very nice LPS pack from @SloppyWhenWet that should be arriving today along with a few other corals in the months to come some of these pieces just may find there way into the giveaway stash.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I Just want to say that you are doing a very good thing as people like you make the hobby enjoyable and welcoming for new reefers! I hope everything is going well with your wife and I wish nothing but success with her and the tank! I really wish you were closer to where I am as I have some pieces I would have loved to give you. If you are ever in nashville lemme know maybe we can link? Best regards

ReefPiracy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I toss in a freebee SPS for you as well(cliffs acro). I always like to share a coral in a frag pack. Should be in your hands soon, on the truck currently. WI to AZ is a long trip and time change.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back