'New Life' 90 Gallon

Quincy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I REALLY wish I had pictures from 'before the crash!' Its a 90 gallon, we inherited from my BIL who didn't have time or money to keep it right now. We got new AI Hydra 16s (2), new pumps for the sump and for the protein skimmer. We have 1 wrasse, 2 clowns, a brittle star, cleaner clams, snails, hermits, sand sifting star (Atlantic Blue Tang and 2 Cleaner shrimp just died recently). We have a Sebae Anem, Hammer, Frogspawn, and a couple other things that would be great if someone could name for me ;) We're dealing with dinos and diatoms and have had some deaths/slow dying!

What is this? I'm direct feeding reef roids only...
IMG-6428.JPG

All blues so you can't see it well. I'm on day 6 of blues to kill dinos.
IMG-6518.JPG

IMG-6435.JPG

What is the little thing in the right bottom corner??
IMG-6431.JPG

I'm not adding anything really. Reef Roids for the green things and frozen food for the anem (once a week). I'm killing aptasia, doing 2 week water changes (15%), testing water about monthly at LFS and he says water is great. Salinity is typically stable at 1.025. I have a bag of the ChemPure for salt water tanks in the sump. Since we've had the dinos and Diatoms, I haven't been adding new water, just filtering the existing water through a 10 Micron sock filter and putting it back. I also bought a bottle of MacroBac7 and am thinking about adding that to help fight the battle. I'm not really sure what all I need to be doing and am, honestly, overwhelmed when I dive into these threads! I need to get a feel for the majors, then once I feel confident, I can branch out into more specifics. Is that naive?!?!?
We had a 75 gallon tank about 10 years ago and LOVED IT but gave it to my BIL when the babies started coming and we just didn't have time for it. Now, our boys are older and can enjoy it with us! It's a lot more work that I remember from 10 years ago, such a LOVE/HATE relationship!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back