New lights today I think

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My JBJ Unibody is a good light, however I do not like the way it ramps. only at 50% (5v) does it activate an a ramp, yet after the day running and off a litte, the blues will come on at a straight 10%...no rime or reason...been through every iteration of programming and tested the vdm output is good. It's just drivers that are 8 year old technology that didn't respond to low voltage well.

I know we often beat equipment threads to death, but I have spent the past 4 days reviewing the newer technology. So I have narrowed choices based on need.... RM-30 is 24L x 18Hx 20W ... so those lights with a smaller spread don't cut it as well. I eliminated those that stated MAX spread of 24x24 with an 18 x 18 spread nominal rating.

I am also running a mixed tank, so although I may have a few pieces of SPS, not the the focus of the tank. I can use my tiered rock shelf upper areas for them.

I have narrowed a Kessil A360X with controller, a Red Sea 90....(both of which cannot be controlled by my Apex or Reefkeeper Elite ), or the Ecotech Radion X15 G4 which I can control....but I am unsure if it can with the VDM module or if ai need a different one. I am also unsure of how the color control spectrum and dimming limitations of the Ecotech are compared to the Kessil.

Any experiences, especially if you have run any of them, are helpful.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the Red Sea Reefled 90 watt.

I hear their app is great too.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back