OP
OP
TheTangFuzz

TheTangFuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights have served me well. I have two on my 90g. How high above the water surface are the lights?
10.5” that just happened to be where they worked the best without light bleed and whatnot.
Do you happen to know where to get different hanging hardware for them? I got one used and had to rig it a little funny. Would like to just have a new kit for it.

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10.5” that just happened to be where they worked the best without light bleed and whatnot.
Do you happen to know where to get different hanging hardware for them? I got one used and had to rig it a little funny. Would like to just have a new kit for it.

Nice... I asked bc of your light settings. With my height, I have my blues at 38% and whites at 4%.

Unfortunately I don't know where to get any hardware for the lights. Did yours not come with the original hardware? And have you tried eBay?

Also check out this thread. Maybe someone there can help you with the hardware question. Also some great info about PAR and much more... https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/viparspectra-165watt-anyone-using-these.317612/

OP
OP
TheTangFuzz

TheTangFuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice... I asked bc of your light settings. With my height, I have my blues at 38% and whites at 4%.

Unfortunately I don't know where to get any hardware for the lights. Did yours not come with the original hardware? And have you tried eBay?

Also check out this thread. Maybe someone there can help you with the hardware question. Also some great info about PAR and much more... https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/viparspectra-165watt-anyone-using-these.317612/
One did, but the used one only came with part of the hardware... Interesting. I just set mine up so maybe I have the lights up too high... What height do you have your lights at?

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One did, but the used one only came with part of the hardware... Interesting. I just set mine up so maybe I have the lights up too high... What height do you have your lights at?

My lights are too low... 7 inches above water. I built my canopy a little too short. I think you have a good height.

OP
OP
TheTangFuzz

TheTangFuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same lights...love them....on my 65g
100% blue/violet and 50% white/green/red.
3FC14432-D373-40D2-BD24-2B9EB1A5EBCB.jpeg
Looks like I made a great choice! Nice tank! Next thing I need to get is an auto top off but I’m a little nervous that it will fail on me.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get one with both the optical and mechanical sensors as back up.

if you put it where there are snails, put a snail guard below the optical.

my back up mechanical sensor only came on once in two years, and that’s only cause a snail got on the optical

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back