OP
OP
Kammetal

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry for your loss. Clams are tricky and little we can do for them when they go south. Derasa are the easiest FME, but that does not mean easy. They are still an advanced keeper item. Mostly that just means, you have a very stable system and it is mature and you are comfortable with the maintenance and such. This takes time as a keeper.

In my opinion, I would hold off buying clams over internet for a while and maybe wait until some local swaps begin again. You want to see it before buying if possible. Good luck for everything else.
I had one years ago grew huge before I sold it. My tanks is stable, this has made me worry about ordering one from their again I’ll hold off from purchasing from there. Here’s my system.

8518A36B-B002-4774-B516-6F267D328531.jpeg D941F46D-5101-480F-86D2-D5653B01E9EE.png

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get a giga from the ORA part of the site that is doing amazing, but no others. Not happy with the fish unless they were also ORA. Just seem to be poorly managed. :(

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one years ago grew huge before I sold it. My tanks is stable, this has made me worry about ordering one from their again I’ll hold off from purchasing from there. Here’s my system.

8518A36B-B002-4774-B516-6F267D328531.jpeg D941F46D-5101-480F-86D2-D5653B01E9EE.png

Sweet looking tank, the trim work on that stand is really nice!

Keep us updated on how L.A. treats this situation, because everything you have described is pretty clear to being DOA.

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your clam, I've gotten a few clams from liveaquaria and love them all. My 4 incher I got 2 months ago

You're one of the very few people who have had any luck with LiveAquaria's clams. Every one I have gotten from them over the past couple years has wiped out every other one in my tank. Unfortunately, that company has gone down hill since PETCO took them over. Their customer service is anything but! They are rude and obnoxious. So many have had issues with clams, fish, etc. yet they continuously blame the purchaser...In their eyes, none of us know what we're doing.
bsa

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I expect Live Aquaria will give you credit. I had fish losses from them and that is what I got. I did order an ORA Hippopus clam from FL and arrived well packed and in excellant shape. I have had it about 4 days and its doing very well and I would recommend an ORA clam from FL. The Hippopus clams are not as showy but I think they are sturdier specie.

OP
OP
Kammetal

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an update they gave me a credit back. Here’s the issue now Though before I used a discount code and because the total for my items was more then 150 I got free shipping. Now I can’t use the code and now I have to pay 29.99 shipping if I want to use my credit towards anything so now I potentially have to spend more....So pretty much half of my refund would be going to shipping that’s not really fair in my opinion....plus tax and the boxing fee

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kammetal

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking tank, the trim work on that stand is really nice!

Keep us updated on how L.A. treats this situation, because everything you have described is pretty clear to being DOA.
Thanks built it myself. I call it the pirate cyborg because it reminds me of a pirate ship and with all the electronics and controllers inside it like a cyborg. Here’s before it was painted

C9D1C2A4-B5F8-4946-AD88-8C65FE8AC9EC.png 9B817EFC-ED5F-4A27-87D0-155E303F5550.jpeg 5B506C23-73B6-4874-BC76-17CD246B5723.jpeg 98D3C9CB-01F6-40A6-817D-7EAA8C337D55.jpeg AE7EDF3A-9E49-44E7-B765-A15AD74495B9.jpeg 4B9A7376-290F-447D-9B24-1046559B63CD.jpeg

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an update they gave me a credit back. Here’s the issue now Though before I used a discount code and because the total for my items was more then 150 I got free shipping. Now I can’t use the code and now I have to pay 29.99 shipping if I want to use my credit towards anything so now I potentially have to spend more....So pretty much half of my refund would be going to shipping that’s not really fair in my opinion....plus tax and the boxing fee
Yes, that is what happened to me as well. Because of that I will probably not be using LA again.

OP
OP
Kammetal

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is what happened to me as well. Because of that I will probably not be using LA again.
Now I’m stuck with a credit, and old what to do because I have to spend more now

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're one of the very few people who have had any luck with LiveAquaria's clams. Every one I have gotten from them over the past couple years has wiped out every other one in my tank. Unfortunately, that company has gone down hill since PETCO took them over. Their customer service is anything but! They are rude and obnoxious. So many have had issues with clams, fish, etc. yet they continuously blame the purchaser...In their eyes, none of us know what we're doing.
bsa
Noted as I keep seeing negative reviews, as someone else said Pacific east aquaria has nice clams. I definitely agree with them

OP
OP
Kammetal

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got to say I’m happy with their customer service. They contacted me with a refund plus an amount to cover the shipping fees and tax. They were very helpful.

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got to say I’m happy with their customer service. They contacted me with a refund plus an amount to cover the shipping fees and tax. They were very helpful.

I personally am very happy for you! This is what they should be doing for their customers! Unfortunately, the majority of us have had anything but good customer service from them making things right … They have been rude and downright nasty to people
bsa

OP
OP
Kammetal

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally am very happy for you! This is what they should be doing for their customers! Unfortunately, the majority of us have had anything but good customer service from them making things right … They have been rude and downright nasty to people
bsa
They actually have been really helpful I replaced the clam with a Symphyllia suppose to come in today. I’ll post pics when it gets here

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like a freak jerk I've gotten 6 clams from live aquaria. 4 I bought, two were replacements. They all died shortly after getting them. Some we basically doa.

I have no issues keeping clams or any other critter, but they simply don't survive from LA... For me anyway. So, that might be your issue

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow I am really sad about these posts and what happened OP. I have an aquaculture Squamosa clam coming in from Liveaquaria today :-/ I hope it is okay. I will keep everyone updated.

It is horrible what they do. The only reason I am buying this clam is because I was put in the same situation with a past order DOA.. The shipping situation is where they screw you. I hope the company gets sued, goes out of business, or something else to shut it down. Exotic animal abuse 100%

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every clam I have ordered from LiveAquaria has died and has killed all my others....would never buy another from them! They have gone downhill big time since they were taken over by PETCO...bsa

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know. But I got sucked into the DOA trying to get free shipping cycle. I got an ORA aquaculture clam. I noticed many of the clams are likely wild caught - this may lead to the many negative experiences buyers have. I am hoping because it is tank raised it will be okay seeing it makes it through shipping.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back