New LowBoy 50gal frag tank build.

VAReefer1991

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new Zoomed lowboy 50 gal in today after waiting and searching for months! WHOOP
Started building my stand today so far just got the top section done and is looking pretty good might take the torch to it and add a burnt wood flare to it.
SO far i have no equipment but do plan on drilling this tank and possible thinking of the Eshopps Prodigy L or Eclipse L.
Ill start adding picture progress tomorrow as this is my first DIY and pretty excited to get into it!
Any ideas on equipment will be much appreciated!

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sounds fun! I love the dimensions of those tanks. I would have gone that route (would have been two of them, though) had I been able to source them when I built my current frag tank. I look forward to seeing the pictures!

OP
OP
VAReefer1991

VAReefer1991

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds fun! I love the dimensions of those tanks. I would have gone that route (would have been two of them, though) had I been able to source them when I built my current frag tank. I look forward to seeing the pictures!
my local LFS stopped doing anything saltwater so i was trying to buy their old frag tank but there keeping it for freshwater plants so I was just like can you order me a lowboy and it was the last one their supplier had so i was pretty happy to get it.

I should start putting some progress pics up tomorrow!

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
my local LFS stopped doing anything saltwater so i was trying to buy their old frag tank but there keeping it for freshwater plants so I was just like can you order me a lowboy and it was the last one their supplier had so i was pretty happy to get it.

I should start putting some progress pics up tomorrow!
You got lucky, that's awesome!

OP
OP
VAReefer1991

VAReefer1991

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright got most of the stand built today still need some more wood to finish it up before i paint it and some plywood for the top.
I got my overflow coming in Friday and went with the eshopps eclipse m.
received_6147648408660274[1526].jpeg

ChuzUThisDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I'm planning to start my build soon and would like to see where you're going with yours. Also, did you use 2x6s on the top of your stand?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back