New LTA won't attach

  • Thread starter Thread starter 88471
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
8

88471

Guest
View Badges
So I knew better, but I picked up a long tentacle nem Friday at our local Petco. I drip acclimated it. It won't attach to anything, is producing mucous and has a peculiar odor kinda like crab meat or something, almost sweet. A friend suggested I place a net over it to encourage it to "stick". So I did that last night. It's still not attached. Parameters are ammonia, nitrite and nitrate 0. PH 8, salinity 1.025, temperature 78, 40 gallon tank about 4 months old. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1104171354.jpg
 
Dig a hole in your sand.. LTA's like to attach their foot down in the sand, then after he sticks to the glass bottom move the sand back covering his foot up to his body.
 
Dig a hole in your sand.. LTA's like to attach their foot down in the sand, then after he sticks to the glass bottom move the sand back covering his foot up to his body.
Thanks. I'll try that. I took the net off of it a few minutes ago and it's suddenly very active. It's inching it's way around the bottom. I don't know if it'll stay in the hole, but it's worth a try.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new