New LTB pic not attaching and weird red stuff?

mcmarkrazz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B4047DE3-90A0-43E7-BA75-17BEB9CF7482.jpeg
9274986D-C6CA-4DD8-80B1-105F23B7DCA5.jpeg
here is a pic got it a couple days ago and not attaching in sand bed so added a few rocks around to give it a hand.
Very sticky and opens nice but red area looks funky

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, do you have any pics w/out actinics so we can see true colors?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, better pics, it's obviously pretty bleached, and that could be an issue of it not wanting to be in stark bright light for one, and also it looks like you don't have a lot of sand for it to set in.
So mysis squirted towards it a couple times a week should bring back health and color, perhaps a cove area w/ a ledge so it can pull in and out of light as it wishes, and maybe well up sand in that area, a dsb would be best, but maybe do what you can.
I also would not put such a jagged looking piece next to it like what that coral skeleton appears in pics.
If you can't provide a ledge for cover, maybe shade screen light above it.
What lighting are you using, how long has tank been running?

OP
OP
M

mcmarkrazz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank 10+ years
300 watt LEDs
Clams and all other corals including anemones doing great I just bought a less than healthy LTA that looked a lot better in the unlighted store tank...
So not too worried about paramimeters more on just how to save this guy so will try more sand and move him under a ledge sand combo I can create
Thanks for feedback

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back