New Magnifica/Ritteri anemone.

  • Thread starter Thread starter atoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

atoll

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
5,985
Reaction score
11,204
Location
Wales UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought long and hard about buying another Magnifica nem but after a little rearranging of some coral and seeing a lovely one in an LFS I purchased one. The previous one managed to find one of my MP40s. I have taken steps to prevent that happening again.

The colour is a little rarer than we often see here in the UK. Most we see are a cream or beige colour with yellow tips to the tentacles.

The mag settled well and has hardly moved since I put it in on Sunday. My 2 common clowns ignored it for the rest of the day but by the following morning both had left their previous bubble tip nem and set up home in it.

So far so good and fingers crossed it stays in the same spot.

20220425_153937.jpg


20220424_173215.jpg


 
Very nice. I have been looking for a magnifica for years, but am very picky about getting one with good color. hence, been looking for years. Good luck to you with that nice one!
 
Very nice. I have been looking for a magnifica for years, but am very picky about getting one with good color. hence, been looking for years. Good luck to you with that nice one!

Cheers, yes the colours can be a bit hit and miss. The strange thing is there appears to be on price difference with the different colours here in the UK anyway.
 
How’s the mag doing?
Excellent, it's not moved from the spot I put it in and my pair of clowns are loving it. I feed it 2 or 3 times a week and it takes a small.piece of prawn no problem at all. I couldn't be more happy with it. Just hope that continues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new