New Magnifica/Ritteri anemone.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought long and hard about buying another Magnifica nem but after a little rearranging of some coral and seeing a lovely one in an LFS I purchased one. The previous one managed to find one of my MP40s. I have taken steps to prevent that happening again.

The colour is a little rarer than we often see here in the UK. Most we see are a cream or beige colour with yellow tips to the tentacles.

The mag settled well and has hardly moved since I put it in on Sunday. My 2 common clowns ignored it for the rest of the day but by the following morning both had left their previous bubble tip nem and set up home in it.

So far so good and fingers crossed it stays in the same spot.

20220425_153937.jpg

20220424_173215.jpg

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I have been looking for a magnifica for years, but am very picky about getting one with good color. hence, been looking for years. Good luck to you with that nice one!

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I have been looking for a magnifica for years, but am very picky about getting one with good color. hence, been looking for years. Good luck to you with that nice one!

Cheers, yes the colours can be a bit hit and miss. The strange thing is there appears to be on price difference with the different colours here in the UK anyway.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the mag doing?
Excellent, it's not moved from the spot I put it in and my pair of clowns are loving it. I feed it 2 or 3 times a week and it takes a small.piece of prawn no problem at all. I couldn't be more happy with it. Just hope that continues.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back