New Magnifica

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nilo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nilo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
107
Reaction score
129
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added this magnifica approximately 2 weeks ago. I did not quarantine and treat as It looked healthy but definitely bleached when I got it. It has not deflated at all and would ball up nicely when fed. The base is a purplish red color. My question is how long before I know what colors the tentacles will end up being. Right nowbthey have changed from white when I got it to a purplish tint with yellow tips. Can magnificas have a purple body and purple tips or are they usually different? I’ve been feeding mysis and occasional clam strips. My wild Onyx pair steals food sometimes but overall have been loving their anemone.

6737D6D9-534F-423C-A2A0-C5D2707B5661.jpeg D0BC1211-8043-4037-9AA7-227AB5C54AEF.jpeg 9756EC79-6B98-48C5-A86E-595BC1136F89.jpeg
 
One more thing, what would make their tentacles longer?
 
The tips will probably get a brighter greenish yellow, and the tentacles themselves will become more brownish. Adding more flow should make the tentacles longer, but in my experience, that particular color morph tends to have shorter tentacles.
 
The tips will probably get a brighter greenish yellow, and the tentacles themselves will become more brownish. Adding more flow should make the tentacles longer, but in my experience, that particular color morph tends to have shorter tentacles.
Thanks for the info
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new