New Maxspect App Released

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that my old ICV6 app has updated to an app called Syna-G. It went through firmware updates for my ICV6 and Ethereal after I installed it and I've been poking around it for a bit. Looks like they've included several coral type specific settings (SPS, LPS, mixed, etc) and now let you select an overall color temp. So far, looks pretty cool and seems to work well.

Was hoping it also added Gyre control but haven't been able to find it yet. Anybody else using the app and/or have info?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

OP
OP
TechnicalFisher

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on an iPhone and the update appeared in the last 24 hrs. May just not be up in the Android store yet.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded the app on my wife's Ipad. One thing about the Easy Setup that I found confusing is that after you choose what type of tank you have, i.e. SPS, SPS/LPS, Fish Only, etc., then you still have to choose the Kelvin range, after which I didn't see how much it helped to set up a category specific lighting plan. They were all rather bland as well with a quick, uniform run up to peak and then back again to off.

Even so I like the features better in the SYNA-G application for the Ethereal controls. I also did not see any indication that it included Gyre control for this version. It will be nice when they all are tied together.

OP
OP
TechnicalFisher

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sierra_Bravo - agreed, I ended up to add a number of points to the plan in order to get it running the way I wanted it timing-wise. And I'm really still in the process of getting my program dialed in. Hopefully Ethereal users will start putting together some good programs that we can exchange similar to what you see other LED users doing. Still selecting color temp was a very nice addition.

I submitted a question about the Gyre on the support site and Carlos responded that Gyre control is planned but not offered in this release. He said they don't have a specific timetable for when it will be coming.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I updated to Syna-G on iPhone and iPad. Having a problem with the iPad recognizing one of the three lights, works well on iPhone. I put in a support ticket to see if Maxspect can help with this. It took a little while to figure out my way around, but after that, it looks like a breeze to program.

OP
OP
TechnicalFisher

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have an SPS profile they've gotten good growth/color with that you can share? Running the whites at 65% and the green/blues at 80% max at the moment. Still trying to get it dialed in and wondering how much more I can crank it up without running into bleaching issues.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back