welcome.gif

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introducing myself, I was active on other forums in years past but have found a new home at reef2reef.

I currently have a Red Sea reefer 850 that has been running for about 4-5 years. I previously had a 120 that I moved into it and a 58 many years before that.

I used to keep more acans and LPS but have had to move the tank twice thanks to flooding in the house and resulting renovations. Now I tend to keep more zoas, ricordea and euphelia which are my favorite corals at the end of the day.

the hippo tang in the photos (mr blue) has been with me for over a decade and is probably 15 years old by now. He was the primary reason for the tank upgrade.

I am currently setting up an eshops doser to automate my additives but otherwise the rest of the setup is pretty solid. There are a few ricordea im currently isolating in some strawberry boxes that released in the Texas ice storm. I count myself lucky that was my only issue

Welcome!

Glad you joined. Just this morning my BF agreed to let me rehome his sailfin to get a blue hippo tang - I'm not able to see your Mr Blue photo but I'm sure he is gorgeous!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I remember when DFWMAS was active. It's a ghost town, now :(
DFWMAS should be making a comeback after the 1 ... 2... punch of COVID followed by Ice Storm. There have been some great monthly zoom guest speakers (Chad Clayton of Reef Nutrition "Copepods and other live foods" was AMAZING) but sadly I had to go back East and missed the 6/23 Marc Levenson "reef photography" session. They do record them, and DFWMAS is very active over on their FaceBook page (daily!?!) and I know they want to return the website back to its usual self. Thru them, I learned 10/30-31 is Aquashella Dallas, so I'm planning ahead :)

OP
OP
W

willisd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DFWMAS should be making a comeback after the 1 ... 2... punch of COVID followed by Ice Storm. There have been some great monthly zoom guest speakers (Chad Clayton of Reef Nutrition "Copepods and other live foods" was AMAZING) but sadly I had to go back East and missed the 6/23 Marc Levenson "reef photography" session. They do record them, and DFWMAS is very active over on their FaceBook page (daily!?!) and I know they want to return the website back to its usual self. Thru them, I learned 10/30-31 is Aquashella Dallas, so I'm planning ahead :)
Hopefully so, they get my yearly dues always.

mark/melev was a very good and kind teacher to me as a novice teenager and I have always appreciated it

OP
OP
W

willisd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Glad you joined. Just this morning my BF agreed to let me rehome his sailfin to get a blue hippo tang - I'm not able to see your Mr Blue photo but I'm sure he is gorgeous!
8F89AF60-E0F9-44CB-BEE0-66CAE304AB71.jpeg

I don’t think my gallery up above worked as well as I wanted. Hippos are great big dumb happy animals.

in my experience they like a lot of space but then in the end don’t act like other tangs swimming out and around in it but like to be jammed in funny places. You’ll be stunned where they fit themselves.

the funny thing about mine is that he is very mellow and not territorial… except for the magnet cleaner. His entire coloration will change and he’ll get a yellow spot like the Africans and start slapping it with his tail spike.

the Fox face is his best friend. In the old tank there was a freak rockslide that pinned his old buddy against the rocks. He was so depressed he wouldn’t eat. I replaced him with this guy and they are thick as thieves
99A008A4-48DC-4B97-84C5-ED5105480E09.jpeg

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introducing myself, I was active on other forums in years past but have found a new home at reef2reef.

I currently have a Red Sea reefer 850 that has been running for about 4-5 years. I previously had a 120 that I moved into it and a 58 many years before that.

I used to keep more acans and LPS but have had to move the tank twice thanks to flooding in the house and resulting renovations. Now I tend to keep more zoas, ricordea and euphelia which are my favorite corals at the end of the day.

the hippo tang in the photos (mr blue) has been with me for over a decade and is probably 15 years old by now. He was the primary reason for the tank upgrade.

I am currently setting up an eshops doser to automate my additives but otherwise the rest of the setup is pretty solid. There are a few ricordea im currently isolating in some strawberry boxes that released in the Texas ice storm. I count myself lucky that was my only issue

Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back