New member from Brazil

Hello all!

I'm "new" to saltwater (almost 3 years), but 2 decades with freshwater.

Since I changed to saltwater, there are a lot of lessons learned from other people, local stores, forums and also own experience. Hope find more experiences here and share some.

My tank is a 250l display with mixed animals there... Fishes, Softs, SPSs, etc. My current setup:
- Lights: Maxspect Razor
- Roll mat filter BM
- Skimmer BM
- Dosing pump for
- Macro and micro elements: Aquaforest Components Pro
- Carbon source: Vodka
Parameters steady, but going to raise Kh and Ca slowly +5%:
- KH 8,0
- Ca 400
- Mg 1400
- Phosfates 0,03
- Nitrates 2

I'm not happy with Corals colours and growth and also some of them loosing tissue. Made ICP test and only Iodine was really out - wich I'm now dosing for a week and already could see a lot better coloration!

Just started to feed my corals with Microvore from Brightwell, since I decided to go a step forward in Corals quantity, growth and colour.

I'm also starting a refugium to change slowly from Carbon source to Chaetomorpha - and then go to Triton method. What do You think about it?

If You guys have some advices about what more should I dose which I forgot, please feel free to add comments!

Alexandre Motta

IMG_20210106_172549 (1).jpg
Your hippo tang is playing peek a boo! It's a good looking tank. You have certainly put lots of thought and effort into it, great job!!
Welcome to the fishy family!!
 
Bem vindo ao R2R
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new