New member from Iowa

blackx-runner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Just joined the forum so I thought I would give a little intro. I live in Iowa and got into this great and addicting hobby about 3 years ago. I started with a 40 long that had been given to me. Initial plans were for a simple fowler setup, but those plans soon went out the window as I started seeing the great reef tanks some of the local club members had. A few lighting and equipment upgrades later I had myself a nice little reef tank. Plans were soon in the works for an upgrade. I purchased a 90 gal I never set up and resold for a 120. Also never getting that set up, I sold it after I bought my current tank a marineland 250 gallon deep dimension 60"x36"x27". I love the size and especially the 36" width on these tanks. I started getting that all set up last summer when I started my basement remodel. Its built into the wall of the family room, with a dedicated "fish room" that houses the tank and equipment. Equipment includes a 125 gallon sump with a SRO5000 skimmer. Panworld pump handling the return, and also a manifold currently running carbon and GFO reactors. In tank flow is handled with 3 vortech MP40w ES pumps. Current lighting is 3x AI sol blues and 2 T12 VHOs suspended about 10" over the water. Coverage is actually pretty good, but I am planning on adding a 4th AI unit when I get some money together. Corals are a mix of softies, LPS, and SPS. fish include a group of 8 lyretail anthais, coral beauty, and flame dwarf angels, niger trigger, yellow watchman goby, engineer goby, cleaner wrasse, yellow, purple, and sailfin tangs.
P1010205.jpg

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. You're in the right place. That is a nice tank size.....plenty of room for the fish to swim. That school of anthias must be very cool.

cMan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up man!! Nice tank!!
Welcome to R2R!
I'm from Des Moines!

OP
OP
B

blackx-runner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome. You're in the right place. That is a nice tank size.....plenty of room for the fish to swim. That school of anthias must be very cool.

Love the anthias. Very active fish. I have one that I believe is changing to male. Really cool how they do that. Can't wait until he gets the nice dark color.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purdy! :D

Welcome to R2R!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back