New Member - Kentucky Guy

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
305
Reaction score
0
Location
Lexington, Ky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm going to be starting my first reef tank in the next week or two, just waiting for everything to get here. I joined this forum to get some new ideas for my tank. I've been a high tech planted tank enthusiast for a while now, so I figured it was time to bite the bullet and give in to my desire for coral. After chatting with revhtree on another site the other night (hey buddy, remember me?) , and knowing one of the mods (Wy Renegade), I figured I'd come make my presense known. Anyhoo, don't mind me... I'll just be bouncing around from thread to thread getting some ideas. I might try and post a build thread for my tank once I actually start building it.
 
Glad to have you over here as well! Welcome aboard, lots of friendly people and good advice to be found. mdfrookie516 is being modest, he's not just an enthusiast, he's a master of high tech planted tanks. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with a reef tank. He's also doing it right; planning it out and getting lots of ideas ahead of time.
 
Welcome from another Kentuckian. I sent you a pm about clubs and activities local to you. Looking forward to seeing what you do with a reef tank. I think people with a lot of freshwater experience do much better with reef tanks.
 
Welcome to R2R! Thanks for joining! Post often!
 
mfdrookie516 didn't realize who you were! Glad you joined bro!

Hey please share some of your planted tanks with us. I know they are awesome!
 
mfdrookie516 didn't realize who you were! Glad you joined bro!

Hey please share some of your planted tanks with us. I know they are awesome!

Just for you my man. Nothing special at all...and my camera is lacking to say the least.

Here's my 40 breeder that I tore down to start this reef. 4x39w T5HO, pressurized co2, DIY autodosers (PPS Pro dosing method) -
DSCF6061.jpg

DSCF6058.jpg

DSCF6060.jpg


20 long low tech, lowish light -
DSCF7329.jpg


150 low tech, highish light-
DSCF6185.jpg


29g low tech, highish light-
DSCF7362.jpg

DSCF7363.jpg
 
Dude those are awesome!
 
Thanks :) I guess I don't see them that way.. but I can be over-critical on my tanks. Now the real test is to get you to say that about this reef once it gets started. Supplies should finish getting here Friday, so initial setup might be as early as Sunday!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new