0   0   0
reef.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks. Returning reefer here in NJ. Was looking into new tank and someone gave me a C-250 from RedSea. Ton of cleanup. Completely rebuilt the hood and working on scratch removal. Thing is built umm like a tank!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You are going want to look back at all the hard work you've put into fixing up tank you were given - no such think as starting too soon!

This might help you find people local to you in west New York:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
D

Diogee6667

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You are going want to look back at all the hard work you've put into fixing up tank you were given - no such think as starting too soon!

This might help you find people local to you in west New York:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Yep, actually thinking about starting a thread. Buuuut working a couple concerns first to see if the project will be worthwhile. Removing scratches, working but slow going due to time availability, but after sitting next to the tank seeing something concerning, 95% of the tank is sitting flat on the pad, but because there seems to be a slight downward bend to the RedSea aluminum stand top at the front 2-3" the tank has a slight gap. If I fill halfway it goes away but don't know if it is tank flex or the pad doing its job. . May start a thread after all for some advice after all.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%

Back