New nano

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I have a sps dominant tank that I just pulled most of my soft corals out of and have them going in a temporary tank…. Has been going for a year and a half… setting up a nano for the softies and my jerk starry blenny.

Will be new sand and 1 new good sized rock. Majority of the other rock has been going for a long time in my other system. Just curious if I should set it up and cycle that 1 rock and the sand, or if my other rocks will be sufficient enough to pick up the slack… they’re covered in shrooms( diaconate, Richordia , and rhodactus…and leathers.
Probably 20 lbs of live rock… the new rock is 4 ish lbs

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I have a sps dominant tank that I just pulled most of my soft corals out of and have them going in a temporary tank…. Has been going for a year and a half… setting up a nano for the softies and my jerk starry blenny.

Will be new sand and 1 new good sized rock. Majority of the other rock has been going for a long time in my other system. Just curious if I should set it up and cycle that 1 rock and the sand, or if my other rocks will be sufficient enough to pick up the slack… they’re covered in shrooms( diaconate, Richordia , and rhodactus…and leathers.
Probably 20 lbs of live rock… the new rock is 4 ish lbs
If you mixed in some of your old sand and went with (true colonized) 20lbs of live rock in your nano, you should be set to go.

I’d also play it safe, with dosing something like Fritz Turbostart 700

OP
OP
K

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mixed in some of your old sand and went with (true colonized) 20lbs of live rock in your nano, you should be set to go.

I’d also play it safe, with dosing something like Fritz Turbostart 700
Thanks! I got impatient and and just went ahead and did it and everything seems pretty happy…. Other then my toadstool and devils hand. Both sulking a bit but I think a few more days everything will be golden. Just used new dry sand. I should go get a cup of my old sand from my other tank but may just ride it out

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back