X

Xandertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ED2FF388-1078-4401-B088-833BE71C6A89.gif

Welcome to the R2R family!

I try not to use tap water to rinse anything goin in the tank. I either use salt water or ro/di water. Do you make your own salt water or buy from lfs?

Hi, I buy the saltwater and do a 10litre change every week

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Hi, I buy the saltwater and do a 10litre change every week
I had a ghl problem when I restarted my tank. LFS gave me Mexican turbo snails and helped me set up a refugium. They took care of the ghl in a week and the refugium took care of the extra nutrients. You have to be careful though. I have a UV sterilizer. That combined with refugium and reduced feedings, stripped all nutrients out of the tank. Also, once the Mexican turbos do their job, you need to have enough algae for them to eat or bring them back to the lfs.

OP
OP
X

Xandertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got some snails in there as well. The Xenia has been in the tank for a couple of days over 2 months, I remember when I bought it now. Never had any other issues with it until now. I hope it does recover soon.

would you guys say a filefish should not be in the tank? I liked the unusual look of it and told the fish store what I had already I. There and they said it would be fine. After a week I came down in the morning and my shrimp was dead. I can only assume the filefish has done it as it had been torn up a little. Also a couple of my orange crabs have gone.

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph 7.4
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20ppm
Phosphate 2
Although these aren't wildly out I'd consider a few changes. Try to drop the nitrate down to 10ppm and try to raise the pH slightly to 8. Along with that a reduction of phosphate would be good, most recommend under 1.

Nitrate and phosphate could be tackled with water changes, as for pH I'd look at better gas exchange if you can. It would be good for you to be testing alkalinity as this goes hand in hand.

OP
OP
X

Xandertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I get better gas exchange? I’ll order an alkaline test too and see what that comes in at. Salinity is stable at 10.25.

OP
OP
X

Xandertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, after the last time I cleaned the sides of the tank and the tubes (the interpet has the 2 outlets on the right hand side at the back) I must not have pointed it upwards at the surface. Hopefully that helps.

OP
OP
X

Xandertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the Xenia and the torch anemone are lost. They have both retracted to nothing at all now.

parameters are-

phosperous - 0.25
High ph - 7.8
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 40pp
salinity - 1024

I give up

Back