Introduction

MysticMarine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Thanks for having me here. Like most of you I am very interested in the reefing hobby and decided it was time to make an account instead of lurking around. I have been in the hobby on and off for about 15 years and figured it was about time to join the community.

Over the years I’ve had a few different jar and vase style reefs. @brandon429 has been a major inspiration to my reefing journey. I remember sending him messages 10+ years ago and reading all his posts like I was studying for an exam. He has been extremely informative and helpful in my reefing journey over the years.

Speaking of the jars I’ve had over the years, I still have one going even through many life changes. It is approximately a 3 gallon cookie jar that has been completely overtaken by pulsing Xenia, it’s amazing how self sufficient this jar is and hardly ever required any intervention.

IMG_2199.jpeg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hey all,

Thanks for having me here. Like most of you I am very interested in the reefing hobby and decided it was time to make an account instead of lurking around. I have been in the hobby on and off for about 15 years and figured it was about time to join the community.

Over the years I’ve had a few different jar and vase style reefs. @brandon429 has been a major inspiration to my reefing journey. I remember sending him messages 10+ years ago and reading all his posts like I was studying for an exam. He has been extremely informative and helpful in my reefing journey over the years.

Speaking of the jars I’ve had over the years, I still have one going even through many life changes. It is approximately a 3 gallon cookie jar that has been completely overtaken by pulsing Xenia, it’s amazing how self sufficient this jar is and hardly ever required any intervention.

IMG_2199.jpeg
Welcome 😁 Don't let it escape or it will come for you in the Dark. I have to cut mine back weekly
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new