New Neptune APEX LD-3 Leak detection sensor

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I had purchased one of these new and improved (so they say) APEX leak detection sensors from BRS. I plugged into my FMM module and immediately shows in "OPEN" state. I thought that was strange and tried putting it into a cup w/ water.... no change in state. BRS sent me another one without question. When I received the new one, it is the same thing. I opened a ticket with neptune 3 days ago and no status - very disappointed with these guys and support. Anyway, I don't know if anyone else had experienced this and perhaps it is a firmware update to FMM module, perhaps?

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! let me give that a try as I did not know I need to set port in the apex dashboard to leak detection.

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open is dry - Closed is wet. Do you have the FMM set for leak detection on that port?
Thank you!! changing this in the dashboard seemed to do the trick. First leak sensor I installed, and had no idea that changing the type of sensor is required.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! changing this in the dashboard seemed to do the trick. First leak sensor I installed, and had no idea that changing the type of sensor is required.
No problem at all. It's a really nice sensor (and an improvement over the older model).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back