New Nero 3 any tips ?

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
I just received a Nero 3 kinda excited to use it ! But I was wondering if anyone here uses it and what they have there schedule on and or placement of there pumps I’m just trying to get some ideas to mess around
I have a JBJ 20 AIO
And here is my scape where would you place the pump ?

image.jpg

RadinJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on fluval evo 13.5, i have it places on the opposite site of the return in the centre close to the water line. I run mine at random for the most of the 24hrs, when the lights are off i run it at lower power and when the light is on i run it on higher power, both variances i have them maxed out on high so i get alot of randomness, but honestly i just got it a couple of weeks ago and still am trying to figure out the "perfect" flow for my tank with the pump. Also i run 3 times a day pulse mode, one when the lights are off with strong power but only on for 0.25 secs and off for 4 secs, i run 1 pulse mode in the morning when lights are off again at lower power than the 2 that i run with the same timing but more power when the lights are on. with pulse mode im trying to get sort of the standing wave going a tiny bit for good transport of necessary molecules. Im still fiddling with the pump to get the flow right, we'll see what happens!! If u need anything let me know and ill help as much as i can!!

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you ! Right now I have it at a low variance flow on random low 20% and high is at 50% I have it on the right side same as as the return nozzle and it seems to be okay at night I run it at 70% when the corals are closed so it can pick up any food or waste leftover in the tank

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m bringing the thread up again ! I changed my aquascape since I broke some of my rocks moving to a new home .. where would you put your Nero 3 ? If you had a scape kind like this ? Ps don’t mind the dirty glass still fighting dinos

Attachments

• E3EC3BA6-B8ED-4A50-A982-2B38402EFD13.jpeg
    E3EC3BA6-B8ED-4A50-A982-2B38402EFD13.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 44

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back